The Frugalicious Mantra

The Frugalicious Mantra

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

PAK na PAK basta UNIPAK!

We have reached that time in history when we have the biggest number of working women in society.  Gone were the days we were designated in domesticity, and yet it seems like domesticity catches us from time to time.
Ever been working to the bone, and yet, you still have to attend to your domestic chores at home. Meals are of utmost importance when it comes to keeping a home to sustain the family's health and welfare. Here is my YOUTUBE video to show the recipe.

Thank God for my mother who manages the household cooking for our home, since me and my husband are both working non-stop! So, it's a funny scenario when she goes to church and I am left to fend for ourselves, so as not to 'starve' while nanay is doing her church duties.
I've often resorted to fried food, or the marinated ones, since they're the easiest to prepare. Sometimes, I'd try out different sardines and Mackerel brands thinking that they are better since they are more expensive than the UNIPAK. But I've learned the hard way that it is either you are prepared to really pay for more or find out that 'HINDI BASTA NAKASANAYAN, THE BEST NA YAN." You still have to search for the BEST DEAL and I found that in UNIPAK. 

Besides, my husband has a habit of not saying anything until the last minute he's very hungry and that's when he gets very persistent. This is the reason, why I have learned my Lola Puring's tried and tested recipe using UNIPAK Mackerel in Oil. I want to share the recipe to you.

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cloves of garlic
1 onion
1 thumb-sized ginger
1 sayote or any bland vegetable of choice
1 small vermicelli noodles pack
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste

INSTRUCTION:
1. Saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Add the sayote
3. pour 2 small pack of UNIPAK Mackerel in Oil. Do not stir for the meat to maintain it's shape.
3. Get some water and fill the 2 UNIPAK cans or if you like, 1 cup of water will do.
4. Let it boil a while and when it does, pour the 1 TBSP vinegar. Do no stir and let the alcohol in vinegar cook.
5. Wait for the sayote to be cooked. 
6. When it is already soft to bite, add the vermicelli noodles.
7. Salt and Pepper to taste and VOILA~! 
This will make a fast, affordable and easy on-the-go meal for your family, everyone is going to love it. KAYA BASTA MACKEREL, DAPAT TATAK UNIPAK! This is one of the recipes my grandmother raised her children in and now my mother and aunt's are passing it on to us to pass on to our children. 
I want to tell you that my grandmother Lola Puring did fed her family with a regular recipe of UNIPAK MACKEREL IN OIL as it is very affordable for her large family. 

In Taytay, we have a special dish called SINUAM. It's an easy way for housewives, back in World War II and onwards, to nourish their families within limited time and budget. As well as to incorporate canned goods with vegetables and soup. Now, I want to share it with you.


By the way, the guy in the video is my husband ROY, a.k.a. Bubbly Hubby. He is very patient with me, along with my fast forward cooking, love of desserts as well as my vlogging. I want to thank him as well. 

Mother's knows best. I miss Lola Puring, and yet, I can still taste her cooking with UNIPAK.

So for me, talagang PAK NA PAK BASTA UNIPAK!
#tatakunip #paknapak #unipak



Simple EVENT Makeup Using BYS Naked Palettes

Thank you for contributing to make this site better. Stay Frugalicious! XOXO

YOUTUBE: Charie Clarin "The Frugalicious Pinay" Beauty & Lifestyle Everyday on a Budget "Frugal ka na, Delicious pa!"

Popular Posts

Follow us on Facebook

Charie Clarin

Charie Clarin
"The Frugalicious Pinay"

Pages

As a consumer...

As a consumer...

BlogUp

Pamana ni Aling Charing

Pamana ni Aling Charing
NANDITO ANG MGA KATOTOHANANG PINOY NA NAPAPANAHON. *Feel free to SHARE but do not claim as your own. These are all original thoughts, except the photos.